- Responsible for designing protein and enzyme sequence clones for nucleic acid amplification, processing and detection strategies.
- Responsible for procuring synthetic nucleic acid templates.
- Responsible for cloning and gene modification tasks including Gibson cloning (or equivalent), plasmid recovery, sequencing and sequence verification.
- Manages entire design to test development cycle minimizing cycle time and parallelizing processes
- Optimizes growth/expression conditions in small to medium-scale flask fermentation
- Optimizes solubility and recovery of crude protein extract
- Optimizes purification and recovery of protein
- Optimizes protein stabilization and storage buffer and conditions.
- Ability to influence and work as a team to deliver goals.
- Strong communication skills
- Creative & explorative personality.
- Organised and results oriented.
- High accountability to deliver on commitments.
- Hands on approach with a ‘make it happen attitude’
- 5+ years of laboratory experience with significant experience in modern recombinant cloning and protein expression
- BSC in Biochemistry or equivalent required, PhD preferred.
If you are interested, then please send a covering letter and CV for the attention of Helen Armes to firstname.lastname@example.org