Assay Development Scientist
- Responsible for the ongoing development and optimization of in vitro diagnostic assays using isothermal DNA amplification.
- Working as part of a team to integrate assay biochemistry into a consumable interface.
- Designing assays, procuring, and screening primers and probes.
- Analysis of batch to batch recombinant protein performance.
- Setup of lateral flow and fluorescent assays including testing of novel detection methods for both methods.
- Develop lyophilization formulations and conditions to maximize performance and stability of biochemical reagents.
- Design and carry out experiments independently parallelizing work streams where necessary.
- Ability to influence and work as a team to deliver goals.
- Strong communication skills.
- Innovative and creative personality.
- High level of productivity and attention to detail.
- Organised and results oriented.
- Hands on approach with a ‘make it happen attitude’
- 5+ years of laboratory experience with significant experience in setting up in vitro assays/biochemical reactions.
- BSC in Biochemistry, molecular biology or equivalent required, PhD preferred.
If you are interested, then please send a covering letter and CV for the attention of Helen Armes to email@example.com